Scodix is the brand name of a press manufacturer that offers a digital equivalent of many specialist print finishes includng spot-UV, raised text, embossing, specialist lamination and foiling. Please ask your account manager to see our sample book.
If you really want to stand out from the crowd and need to create a luxurious look and feel for your materials, you should be talking to your Cascade Group account manager about special finishes. From foiling and embossing to spot UV, specialist laminates and die cutting, you can get an exquisite result for only a couple of extra pence per item (subject to minimum order quantities). For those on a limited budget, we can even help you develop a ‘shells’ based approach so that the basic content or cover can be generic whilst we overprint the items digitally or even add digitally printed inner pages to short-run orders.
Specialist finishes are subject to lead times, but its worth the investment in:
- Foiling – silver, gold or coloured metallic
- Embossing – for a ‘pressed in’ result
- Debossing – for a ‘pressed-up’ raised result
- Spot UV
- White ink – for white on coloured paper printing or full colour on coloured paper
- Metallic litho printing
- Thermographic printing - soft, raised text
- Scodix printing
- Non-standard lamination e.g. holographic, star burst and more.
- Die-cutting – shape cutting to any shape with folds, creases and slits to allow 3D assembly
Most Popular FAQ’s for Special Finishing
Yes you can but it can be very expensive so it will depend on the length of your print run as to whether it is cost effective. There are a couple of hundred standard colours and we keep basic silver and gold in stock so please ask your account manager to see a shade card.
Typical 5-7 working days but we can in some case speed this up. If you need a quicker turnaround, please talk to your account manager and we will do our absolute best to fit in with your schedule.